About the Group
This is a 15 session group for substance use concerns (e.g., substance abuse, addiction) aimed at helping individuals consider the function of substance use and assess its “workability.” Group members will learn about various thoughts that trigger their substance use, assess their current strategies to control these thoughts and triggers, practice making room for these thoughts and triggers, and begin to practice removing barriers to pursuing what they value in life.
- The group meets virtually each week for 1.5 hours for (3) 5 week modules (Tuesdays from 6:00pm to 7:30pm).
- The group is intended for adults 18 years of age and older, and the group may have up to 6 participants per group facilitator with a max of 12 participants total.
- Once each module commences membership will be closed (group facilitator may allow additional group members during the 2nd week of each module on a discretionary basis but never beyond the 2nd week of each unit).
- All participants must have an up-to-date clinical assessment (conducted within the past 12 months).
- The group is conducted in process and discussion format, that will include education, hands-on work with materials, skill development / feedback, and in between session practice and check ins with the group facilitator.
Fees & Payment
Cost for the group is:
$250 per module
Payment for each module is due in full at the first group session of each module.
For information regarding billing insurance for this group please contact our office.
This group meets virtually
The group meets weekly for 1.5 houra for (3) 5 week modules (Tuesdays from 6:00pm-7:30pm)
Week 1: How’s it Working?
Week 2: The Wisdom to Know the Difference
Week 3: Dealing with Your Inner Dictator
Week 4: Willingness vs. Willpower in Recovery
Week 5: Finding Free Choice
Week 6: Where am I Heading?
Week 7: Setting a Course
Week 8: Dealing with Obstacles
Week 9: Enlisting Support
Week 10: Keep On Keeping On…
Week 11: Automatic Pilot
Week 12: You Are Not Your Programming
Week 13: Seemingly Irrelevant Decisions
Week 14: Responding to Lapses
Week 15: Self-Compassion