- Explore the core narrative driving your body image distress
- Identify the triggers that perpetuate your body image distress
- Respond proactively to your triggers
- Notice the thoughts and behaviors that keep you stuck in body image distress
- Change your automatic response to those negative thoughts and behaviors
- Build meaningful connections with others where you can practice vulnerability
- Be empowered to live a life of vitality, where you can focus on what is meaningful to you
- Do you want to relate to your body differently than you currently do?
- Do you feel ready & motivated to work on your relationship with your body?
- Do you find yourself avoiding mirrors or spending so much time in the mirror that it’s getting in the way of your life?
- Do you want to shift away from your body-critic and find your true compassion for your body?
- Have you tried to address your relationship with your body only to find yourself frustrated with where to begin?
- Would you like to learn more about your own relationship with your body?
- Are you stuck in a loop where you compare yourself to others and feel like you can’t get out of it?
- Have you been in or are you currently in individual therapy and you’d like to get some additional support with healing your relationship with your body?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, this group might be right for you!
- The next group starts February 8, 2022
- The group meets Tuesdays 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. for eight (8) weeks
- The group is intended for people 18 years of age and older, and the group may have up to 6 participants total.
- Once the group commences, membership will be closed. Group facilitator may allow additional group members to join during the 2nd week on a discretionary basis.
- All participants must have an up-to-date clinical assessment (conducted within the past 12 months).
$65 /session, due at the beginning of each group
$400 discounted rate for full payment up front
This group will meet virtually using Zoom
The current group starts Tuesday February 8, 2022 at 12:00pm.
Week 1: Orientation, Overview of the Body Image Model, Q&A
Week 2: Triggers. Learn about and identify your own triggers and the role they play in your body image distress. Become proactive in response.
Week 3: Appearance Assumptions. We all have them. Identify yours, explore the origin, and learn how to reframe them.
Week 4: Preoccupation & Awareness. Begin to stand up to your inner-critic and change your body talk.
Week 5: Negative Predictions. When your mind gets caught in a “what if” loop, practice breaking the cycle with tolerance of uncertainty.
Week 6: Checking & Reassurance Seeking. Mirrors, reassurance from others, pictures, comparisons. Mindfully utilize these important tools so they feel supportive instead of a barrier to joy.
Week 7: Avoidance & Safety Behaviors. Shift away from avoidance and toward your values.
Week 8: Putting it all together. Engage in committed action to continue working toward a life in line with your values and not driven by your thoughts about your body.