Helping my clients feel accepted and work through difficult situations, thoughts, and emotions are my top priorities. Clients with whom I work commonly experience:
- Anxiety and over-analyzing
- Feelings of insecurity or anger towards themselves
- Relationship difficulties
- Difficulty “letting go” and being in the moment
- Women’s life transitions. I specialize in women’s mind-body wellness, particularly related to peri- and postpartum mental health, overcoming sexual trauma, and cultivating self-respect. I received advanced training in postpartum mood and anxiety disorders (i.e,. depression, anxiety, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) from Duke University Medical Center.
My therapeutic style is warm, direct, and research-based. I draw from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), Mindful Self-Compassion, and Brene Brown’s Shame Resilience Theory. After an initial interview and developing goals to work towards, we collaboratively identify unhelpful habit patterns that get in the way of your goals.
In therapy you will learn how to:
- identify and move towards a meaningful life
- rewire your brain by turning automatic reactions into mindful “choice-points”
- be more accepting of yourself
- work through self-criticism, shame, and perfectionism
- more effectively ask for what you want and say “no” to what you don’t want in relationships
Please feel welcome to call me for a free 10-minute phone consultation so we can see if we are a good fit for each other.